Wednesday 14 December 2011

My action plan

My personal ambitions


My present ambition is to succeed in achieving a Diploma in Extended Interactive Media and Game Arts. I need to explore my option to study in Higher Education and discover which courses would best suit my area of interest. I would then like to complete a Foundation Degree.

By exploring these areas of study I feel I will discover a sense of direction and discover how I can apply my skills to employment.

Personal Goals: Immediate, Short and Medium term

I enjoy the subject of interactive media and game art and want to learn more about it. I enjoy the environment at the Plymouth College of Art, as it has a positive, calm atmosphere. Therefore I would like to continue my studies at a higher level at the College of Art.

I would also like to have more opportunity to mix socially with other students on my course and I look forward to this aspect of Higher Education. I am attending the Peer to Peer sessions on Mondays to help me make contact with other students.

My short term goal is to complete the Diploma course and gradually become more independent.

Next year I would like to be accepted on a Foundation Degree at the College of Art.

Personally I am looking forward to mastering the iphone with the new technology of an iportal, and I hope this will allow me to become more independent.

I intend to attend the open day at the College of Art and the University of Plymouth to find out information about the courses which I have investigated on line. I have written a personal statement which I would like my tutor to read and give me feedback on.  I will complete an application to UCAS before January 15th 2012.

I would like to make contact with students who have completed the course I intend to go on next year. I also intend to talk to my peers on my present course to see what they are doing and if any intend to do the same course as me.

I would like the opportunity to look at the work completed by students on the foundation degree course to see how I need to improve my own work. I also feel I need to develop my skills and become a more confident, independent learner.


In three years time I would like to have completed a degree course. I intend to apply to UCAS and then to the College of Art for a place on a Foundation Degree course. If I have the necessary ability I would like to aspire to a  Degree course.

I will need to work hard and learn new skills and become more self- reliant in my approach to study, exploring my own areas of interest.


Achievements and Skills
I received an Arts Mark Award from Tor Bridge High School in 2010.

I received 2 certificates from the Video Game design and Radio presentation courses from the Summer Mix project organised by the Plymouth City Council.















Details of work experience (inc, place of work)
Dates
Work experience
None














Task
Main sources of information
By when?
Career development actions
Identify chosen career opportunities in preferred industry


College Careers Service, www.connexions-direct.com
Newspapers, trade magazines, websites, Connexions service if under 20yrs old
Careers Resource Area computer (using Pathfinder + HE)

Find out about any further education or training required to develop your career further
College Careers Service, www.connexions-direct.com
Newspapers, trade magazines, websites, Connexions service if under 20yrs old


Identify suitable job vacancies
College Careers Service, www.connexions-direct.com
Newspapers, trade magazines, websites, Connexions service if under 20yrs old
Recruitment agencies


Identify suitable job vacancies
College Careers Service, www.connexions-direct.com
Newspapers, trade magazines, websites, Connexions service if under 20yrs old
Recruitment agencies
Produce a suitable Curriculum Vitae
Handouts, College Careers Service and Careers Resource Area, Course tutor
Practice completing applications for opportunities including work and UCAS and writing a cover letter
Course tutor, College Careers Service and Careers Resource Area


Things I need to develop
How
By when?
Find information about foundation courses
Learn to direct assistants in education










Attending open days


No comments:

Post a Comment